CITY COMPTROLLER’S OFFICE DESCRIPTION
The Comptroller’s Office is responsible for all financial and accounting functions of the City.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Annual budget preparation
- Annual tax levy preparation
- Maintenance of all General Ledger accounts
- Processes all cash disbursements
- Issues and processes purchase orders
- Sends out and receives all RFP’s/bids
- Administration of the City’s Risk Management Program
- Liability and property claims
- Workmen’s compensation claims
- Loss prevention/safety programs
- Payroll and related reporting requirements
- Utility billing and collection
- Co-ordinates with outside auditing firm for the annual audit
The Comptroller’s Office continually strives for accuracy, honesty, accountability, transparency, and efficiency to provide the best service possible for employees and the public.
TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE INFORMATION
Pursuant to the requirements of 5 ILCS 120/7.3, please click here for the total compensation package information for employees for FY 2017-2018.
(updated March 12th, 2017)